Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Smith's Creamery and Cafe



Today I was in Littleton in the afternoon visiting a client and I was able to take some pictures of the Smith's Creamery & Cafe sign that we installed about two weeks ago. This is the type of project that makes it all worth it. Heavily 3D carved with a ton of little "touches" here and there. If you can click on the picture, you'll be able to see the detail on the custom, carved finals at the top of the posts in the shape of the logo. The bowl is done in silver leaf (shiny, shiny) and of course the straws are over-the-top but perfect at the same time.


If you are in Littleton anytime, I really recommend that you stop by. The Cafe is run by Suzanne and Ted Smith (fantastic people) and they have wonderful hand-made ice cream and food. They turned me on to a type of Sorbet called Gelato which is fantastic! If you are there, try the Tequila Sunrise flavored Gelato - excellent! (When I was there yesterday, they were out of that, so I asked for the one that was the closest color - and that was excellent too! Always order Gelato that has red in it - that seems to be the secret)