Tuesday, September 07, 2004

PROJECT OF THE MONTH: Day 13



One of the things our customer's rarely get to see is, I think, one of the times that a carved sign looks the best. That is, when the background color has gone on the sign, prior to the lettering colors being put on. This picture does not do the Woodsville Guaranty sign justice, as when you see it in person at this stage, your eye is immediately drawn in by the carving. It is a "light and shadow" thing that gives the sign a really strong presence. One of these days, I am going to have an opportunity to do a sign just with one color and I am going to jump at the chance.

We have a little bit of "controlled chaos" going on in the shop this week, as we have a large number of projects underway all at the same time. We are going to be adding a few more on Wednesday, and then we actually have a truck coming in on Thursday.

See the cat in the hat in this picture? We are working on a couple of signs for a pumpkin farm. Where are you buying your pumpkins this year?

PS: If anyone sees my keys in this picture, please e-mail me. You won't win anything, but

I REALLY need to find my keys!