Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Signmakers and the art of spelling

I just had one of my customers (and regular weblog readers) mention that I had spelled thier company name incorrectly in the pages of the weblog (we got the spelling on the sign correct) and I have gone back and fixed the spelling errors. It made me think that this might be a good topic to talk about on the weblog, as spelling comes up quite a bit in our line of work. Believe it or not, people generally want every, little thing spelled correctly on their signs.


It is VERY rare that a sign makes it the entire way through our production process with a spelling mistake. It does happen on occasion, and we do fix them (unless the customer likes the "new" spelling better)

GENERAL GUIDELINE:
If a mis-spelled sign is out in public for one year without anyone noticing the error, that is the new spelling of the word.