Sunday, September 19, 2004

Today is international "Talk Like a Pirate Day"

This has always been a big holiday in our house, and I must confess that it snuck up on us this year, mostly because we have been so busy with the business. The boys and I are big on "pirate-talk", and I think that it is most fortunate that the holiday falls on a Sunday this year. There is no better mix than talking like a pirate and football!

Vicki does not get into the holiday as much as they boys and I do, however, I have heard her say "ARRRRRRRRRRRGH!" on a few occasions around the house. Usually after seeing what kind of job I did on the dishes, or teaching the boys some trick you can do with a liquid that stains carpet.

If you have any doubt of the validity of this holiday, it is recognized by National Public Radio (click here), so it must be true.